Friday, July 25, 2008

Build a "Fantastic Contraption"

Here's something for Friday Fun.

Fantastic Contraption is an online physics puzzle game, and it's a lot of fun. It's very simple to get started, the tutorial shows you everything you need to know. The interface is very user friendly too. The basic premise is that you have to get an object from the building area into the goal using five different elements to build your "fantastic contraption". There are several scenarios which get increasingly more difficult. You can save your creations online, and for $10 you can build your own scenarios and have access to other user built scenarios. This is a puzzle game which will exercise both sides of your brain.

I am currently stuck on one of my scenarios but here is a link to one I have completed. Just click HERE and then hit the PLAY button and follow the onscreen instructions.

Below is a sample screen shot of one the scenarios.

2 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

That's interesting. It's just the sort of thing my son would be into. He's very visual and I swear he'll be some sort of engineer. He loves building things.

Cindy said...

Alyson - He sounds like he could very well become an engineer, being able to visualize things is so important in that field. My husband, an engineer, really likes this game. Even though I worked as an engineer and I do like this little game, my attention span is not so great that I can stick with it for more than a few days. I get stuck and I'm off to the next thing I need to take care of.