Sunday, June 8, 2008

Craft (a.k.a. Pool) Party !

Saturday was a crafting day at Peg's house. Well, it was intended to be a crafting day, but who wants to craft in 90 degree weather when there is a beautiful pool nearby. So it was a pool party. Peg has a beautiful pool with a huge deck that her husband Mike built last year. He did a really nice job. I forgot my camera or I could show you a picture of it. We also got to meet Virgil their new puppy. He is a yellow lab and is adorable.

It was great to see all the girlfriends and catch up. Maureen, Joanne, and Kathy were there (along with Peg and myself) and one new girlfriend - Lisa, Peg's cousin. Lisa had brought along an old quilt from her family (her Great-Grandmother's I think) that was in need of some repair. So we were trying to advise her on it.

First we munched on spinach dip and tapenade. Then Peg had delicious rotisserie chicken, tabbouleh, and coleslaw. It was all so good. Finally we had Rita's ice for dessert. That was very refreshing.

I can't wait until we all get together again. Hopefully in a few weeks.

No comments: